Lifestyle

10 Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity – Catch it Early

Molds and other microbial agents are present everywhere on the planet. Unfortunately, they are one of the most common components of the workplace and household dust. Gladly, most of the molds are not dangerous for humans. However, some of them can create health concerns. From severe inflammatory effects to minor allergic reactions, they can cause many issues. Moreover, they can even give you neurological problems as well.

Mold infestation is more than rotten food or dirty bathrooms. In fact, it offers severe health concerns. Since it is a dangerous substance, you must be familiar with its early signs. Probably, you have learned that molds grow in wet and damp areas? Yes, it is true. However, they are invisible and you can’t tell where they are growing exactly. Hence, they can easily penetrate your body causing serious issues. Understanding the early signs of mold toxicity is extremely vital because it can shut down your immune system at once. Ultimately, it becomes difficult to diagnose the problem.

What is Mold Toxicity?

Molds emit dangerous compounds known as mycotoxins. Under certain environmental conditions, fungi produce metabolites as well. Some ecological conditions impact the production of these mycotoxins such as pH, water activity, and temperature. In addition, it is found that mycotoxins production increases in the absence or low levels of fungicides. When exposure is high, some mycotoxins are dangerous for humans and animals.

Early Signs of Mold Poisoning

One of the major issues with mold toxicity is that healthcare providers say that the symptoms are only “in the head” of the patients. Unfortunately, they couldn’t find the real issue. Gladly, many studies are revealing the effects of mold resulting in awareness. For some individuals, mold toxicity is even life-threatening. Here are the top 10 early warning signs of mold toxicity

Headache

One of the common sign of black mold poisoning is having regular headaches. A few hours of exposure to black mold can initiate a headache. It happens because of inflammation of mucous membranes in the sinuses. Moreover, it may be a result of an allergic reaction to airborne mold spores.

Sitting and inhaling in the air with black mold, you will feel like something is beating your head. It happens when your body tries to fight against the mold entering the body. If you leave the area and go to an open space, you will notice the relief. If you get frequent headaches at your home or office, the area may be affected by fungi. Hence, you should take your headaches seriously.

Itchy Eyes

Unfortunately, mycotoxins can enter your eyes as soon as you sit around them. When they enter your eyes, you feel like your eyes are filled with water and may feel a burning sensation as well. In addition, you will have a similar feeling in your throat as well. Keep in mind that black mold is responsible for these symptoms.

Extreme Cough

Mucus and cough are the third most common symptoms of black mold exposure. Many people don’t get a cough after exposure. However, if the exposure is long enough, you are highly likely to develop a cough. People who have respiratory issues or poor immune systems are more likely to get a cough because of mold. With extended exposure, in the long run, you may develop pneumonia or bronchitis, which can result in a cough.

Skin Pores

Did you know that molds can enter the system from skin pores? Your immune system considers them a toxic element and starts the fight against them. As a result, you will notice hives that can make your scratch your skin.

Asthma Attacks

If you are experiencing regular asthma attacks, it could be a sign of mold poisoning. They can sit in the lining of the nose or go into the lungs resulting in asthma. People who already have asthma may experience the worst symptoms after mold exposure. They may notice more than regular attacks or attacks with increased duration. In addition, they may find that medicines that help them are not working anymore.

Digestive Problems

Mycotoxins produced by mold can affect your digestive system. Unfortunately, they are very easy to inhale. People who feel sudden vomiting, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, or nausea may be infected by the mold. They should take it seriously as mold can cause these symptoms.

Depression

Yes, it can cause depression. People who live in moldy or humid homes have more risk of getting depression. If you notice any signs of depression, it is high time to take an action. Unfortunately, depression can lead to serious physical and mental complications. Hence, you should visit a reliable doctor for treatment. In addition, you should get the support of your loved ones to fight this disease.

Joint Pain

Although allergic problems and respiratory concerns are more frequent signs of mold, joint pain is a warning as well. Due to extended exposure, you may experience joint pain. At the moment, experts can’t understand the relationship between joint pain and mold but they can cause it.

Poor Energy Levels

Mold toxicity can lead to many symptoms that make you feel tired. For instance, depression or frequent asthma attacks can reduce the oxygen supply resulting in low energy levels. In addition, headache or cough can disturb your sleep which leads to exhaustion.

Sleep Issues

Not a common symptom, but some people experience sleeping problems due to mold exposure. You may find it hard to sleep in a moldy or damp room because of the disturbing smell. Once you learn that mold is disturbing to your healthy, it can lease to anxiety and depression. Since mold exposure can cause irritated sinuses, it becomes hard to sleep easily.

Unfortunately, the world had no idea about molds and their effect on humans or animals. However, they have started looking into the matter. More and more studies are on the way to understanding the effects of mold on humanity. Meanwhile, it is important to stay informed and take care of yourself as much as possible.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.